Books and Booklets
Vindomora offer a cheap, effective publishing service. Whether you’re looking for a publisher for a novel, text book, report, monograph or any other book, we can offer advice, typesetting, formatting, cover design, custom photography and basic marketing service. Our publications aim to hit the online market, thus reducing overheads by not having thousands of printed books to store and care for, but with a quality print-on-demand service.
The services we offer can be broken down into the following categories – you’ll only have to pay for the services you need:
- Digitisation: Is your book hand-written or typed on paper? No digital copy? That’s fine, we can do it for you: we offer full digitisation services (with a proof copy for you to check) prior to, or as part of our typesetting service.
- Typsetting, formatting and cover design: If you have a completed manuscript, we can typset and deal with the overall formatting of the text and images to fit into one of our templates, ready for publishing. We offer a custom cover design service, based on imagery supplied by you, or we can even offer photographic and graphic design services to fit your needs.
- Editing: We offer a basic editing process if your work hasn’t already been edited. You don’t have to worry about what we’ll do: it’ll be for grammar and spelling, not to alter the content of your book!
- Pricing and Royalties: The pricing of the book will be based at the production cost, plus your preferred profit margin. We’ll discuss the royalties with you at the early stages of the publishing process, but the rate is usually 50/50.
- ISBN and Publishing: Once your book has been typset and checked, we will use an online commercial printer/publisher to publish your work. Currently, we use Lulu.com, due to the quality of their printed work and compatibility with online bookstores such as Amazon. We’ll assign one of our registered ISBN numbers to your work, and submit the book to online stores depending on your wishes. You’ll also be given a direct link to buying paper copies of the book from the printer at a reduced rate from what the public will be able to buy it for.
Short Print Runs
Aimed at publications with very short print runs (even just 1 copy!), this service provides all of the above services with the end product being a printed volume. This is especially good for such things as journals, reports, by-law books, manuals, dissertations, essays and other similar volumes.
We can produce a number of different promotional materials for you, such as posters, business cards and other items. We’ll design the materials to your specifications, then either get them printed up and sent to you, or we can just send you the finished designs for you to get printed at your printers of choice. Especially good when using branding images, to gain a consistent look to your visual presence. Examples of this could be a small self-marketing pack of 250 business cards, 100 postcards and 6 posters to go with the publication of your book, or a similar package to market your new business and its website.