Just to let everyone know we’ve started work on our Project Pages online. First project to start work on is our The Hagg, Swaledale Project Page. The page now has updated details for the July 2019 season, as well as a link to buy a paperback of our 2017 season report, and a link to view (for free) a flipbook of the same report…
Community archaeology projects
We can help organise, direct, supervise or lend advice to community groups setting up archaeological projects, including excavation, survey and workshops. Our community/volunteer services can lend vital professional archaeological support to any community venture, ensuring that the projects are correctly undertaken from setup to final publication. When providing support to community groups, our approach can differ depending on the group’s needs and requirements, but we aim on the whole to provide the following guidance as standard:
- Good practice in archaeological excavation techniques;
- Good practice in recording techniques;
- Good practice in building recording techniques;
- Good practice in landscape survey techniques;
- Advice on health and safety on archaeological excavations;
- Advice on media involvement;
- Good practice in archaeological publication techniques;
- An insight into upcoming methodologies/processes.
Share this page on...